Netgear Orbi blue light issue is one of the most common issues faced by Orbi users. This issue can occur due to a number of reasons: technical glitches, WiFi interference, improper Netgear Orbi setup, outdated or corrupted firmware, etc. Are you also struggling with the same issue with your device? If unfortunately, you are nodding your head in yes, then consider walking through this post
No matter the reason why you are stuck with the Netgear Orbi blue light issue, the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below will surely help you fix it.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi Blue Light Issue
- Reboot Your Orbi Router
As mentioned above, technical glitches are one of the many reasons why you are cursing your fate because of the Netgear Orbi blue light issue. To get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your Netgear Orbi router. Here is how you can go about the rebooting process:
- Disconnect your Netgear Orbi router from the existing modem.
- Turn off your Orbi WiFi router and unplug it from its electrical socket.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your Orbi router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Connect your Netgear Orbi router back to the modem.
Now, check whether you are able to troubleshoot the Netgear Orbi blue light issue successfully or not. If not, continue reading this post.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Another thing that you can do to fix the Netgear Orbi blue light issue is to update the firmware of your device to the latest version.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update your device:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address field of the internet browser, type orbilogin.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will welcome you.
- When prompted, fill in the default admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Select Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade.
In a matter of seconds, the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router will get updated to the latest version.
Note: You can also update the firmware of your wireless device using the Orbi app.
- Avoid Signal Interference
If you have committed the mistake of placing your Netgear Orbi near transmitting appliances, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and electronic devices, rectify it by relocating your Orbi router.
While changing the Orbi router, make sure that it is not being placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, aluminium studs, corners, and concrete walls.
- Reset and Reconfigure
Perhaps, you haven’t performed Netgear Orbi setup properly. Therefore, it is recommended that you reconfigure your wireless device. But, before you do that, consider performing factory default reset.
Here is how you can restore your Orbi device to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset hole located on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Take an oil pin or a paper clip and insert it in the Reset hole carefully.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Done resetting your Netgear Orbi router? Good. Now, access the orbilogin page and set up your device from scratch.
Note: If you need help to set up your Netgear Orbi router, consider referring to the user manual. You will find all the information that you need regarding your WiFi device in there.
Facing the Netgear Orbi blue light issue is pretty common. However, resolving it has proved to be a tough task for many users. If you carefully follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post, there is nothing that can stop you from fixing the Orbi blue light issue.