New and advanced technologies have made almost anything feasible. One such thing is removing varicose veins technology which is now safer, long-lasting, and less painful. Even the recovery time is not much. Get in touch with varicose vein treatment boise to know more about their solutions.
Varicose veins most often appear on your legs; they are blue, red, or purple. These are common in most older people, affecting more than 30 million people in the U.S.
Complications of not treating varicose veins
As warm weather approaches, treating varicose veins is a good idea since it improves the appearance of your legs. But there are not only cosmetic benefits of removing them; not treating them may cause you itchiness, ache, throbbing, and other health issues, which include:
- Bleeding: As the skin over varicose veins becomes thin and stretched out due to blood popping. The matter can worsen if you scratch it, the skin can rip off and cause it to bleed.
- Ulcers: Due to long-term untreated varicose veins, painful and hard-to-treat ulcers can develop, mainly around the ankle area.
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis: It is the inflammation of veins under the skin. A small clot also forms in the veins, which is not severe and goes away within 2-6 weeks. Go for treatment to ease the pain.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): Thrombosis is a vein that lies deep within the skin, especially in the legs. DVT occurs when there are one or more blood clots in the vein. The blood clot can swell, pain, and travel through your lungs, blocking them and making it difficult to breathe.
Benefits of treating varicose veins
- Less pain: Varicose veins can cause discomfort, treatment of which can eliminate it. Your healthcare provider will map out your affected area by performing an ultrasound on your legs.
- Better appearance: Some people do not like the sight of varicose veins on their legs. Removing varicose veins can improve the appearance of their legs and help them gain lost confidence.
- Increase mobility: Tender and painful varicose veins can interfere with daily mobility, and there will be difficulty maintaining a healthy, otherwise active lifestyle. Getting varicose veins treated may eliminate these troubles.
- Better sleep: People find it uncomfortable to sleep with the itchiness, swelling, and pain due to varicose veins. After the treatment, now that a person has better mobility, less pain, and better appearance of their legs, they find it better to sleep throughout the night.