If you are planning on appearing for the Combined Graduate Level exam or the Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination anytime in the future, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss some common preparation tips that can help you crack these esteemed national-level examinations. The SSC CGL Exam is a competitive exam that is conducted to recruit candidates for the Group C and Group D departments and ministries under the Indian government.
On the contrary, the CHSL exam is conducted to recruit lower division clerks to different government departments and offices. Although the eligibility criteria, syllabus, and exam pattern is different for both these exams, Tier 1 in both the examinations has almost the same syllabus and subjects. You will be tested mainly on 4 broad areas:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- English language and Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude or Mathematics
Now, let’s take a look at some of the simple tips that can help you prepare for the prestigious SSC CGL and SSC CHSL 2022 exams. Keep reading to learn more.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL and SSC CHSL 2022?
Here are some important and effective tips on how to prepare for SSC CGL and SSC CHSL 2022 exams:
- Focus on current affairs related to different subjects and fields, as they will help you score well in the General Awareness section.
- Mock tests are an integral part of any preparation. Attempt at least 6 or 7 Mock tests and analyse your weaker areas.
- Go through the books and study material again to refer to any weak area of yours.
- Knowing the previous year’s cut-off of the exam helps you in setting the standard and creating a better preparation strategy.
- Concentrate and focus on your exam strategy and sincerely follow your study plan.
- Rejuvenate your physical and mental strength by sleeping appropriately and taking a healthy and balanced diet.
Section-Wise Tips for SSC CHSL and CGL 2022 Preparation
Your end-moment revision for SSC exams must start with the scoring topics. Since you cannot cover the entire CGL or CHSL syllabus in this short span of time, you must do smart work and study only the important topics. Hence, the areas that can fetch you higher marks in this limited duration must be given more importance. Here are a few section-wise tips that will help you revise and prepare for these exams in a short time.
- High-scoring topics in this subject are algebra, profit-loss, trigonometry, geometry, mensuration, time, speed, and distance. Revising these topics can help you to score maximum marks in SSC CHSL or CGL exam.
- Always make a habit of noting down formulae, tricks, and strategies for this section. It helps you refresh mathematical concepts in a short span.
- Practice as many mock tests and solve previous year papers to get a solid understanding.
The English Comprehension section has been designed to test your Grammar, Vocabulary, and English proficiency. So here are a few tricks to score well in this section.
- You must make it a habit to practice at least 3 comprehension passages on a daily basis.
- Aspirants must make it a habit to read the English newspaper to learn about current affairs and improve their reading speed.
- Candidates must revise all the grammatical rules that include nouns, tenses, articles, subject-verb agreement, usage of conjunctions, and prepositional phrases.
- Lastly, you can effectively enrich your vocabulary by referring to the Thesaurus or learning from online flashcards.
- Devote more time to topics like Politics, economics, modern history, and current affairs. Also, stay updated with national and international events.
- Solving previous year papers is excellent for revising the topics. Also, SSC often repeats some questions in their exams.
- Learning the alphabetical positions can help in quick revision.
- Candidates should memorize the geographical directions and sub-directions accurately.
- Practicing more questions related to number series is also helpful. This is because these questions are frequent in SSC CGL and SSC CHSL exams.
We hope these tips will prove helpful and help you attain your desired score in the upcoming exams. For more guidance, visit BYJU’s Exam Prep website and get access to unlimited resources to ace any competitive exam!