A field service scheduling software allows field service businesses to better manage their resources as new orders come in. Customers care about how quickly their issues get solved. Long wait times can cause customers to seek out better services. Dispatchers must also manage the resources available to them to handle new customers, work orders, as well as service requests, in order to keep their business growing.
The software allows businesses to see the team’s upcoming jobs and manage technicians and other resources accordingly. Businesses can also adjust, categorize, or resolve conflicts with ease using a simple drag-and-drop functionality.
Generally speaking, it is extremely important in field service businesses that dispatchers have access to tools required to find the best technicians for different jobs or the nearest to a location to handle emergency situations. They should also have the right tools to adjust work schedules to make room for new jobs and to optimize routes.
The best thing about online field service scheduling software is that it enables service managers to handle all of these operations with a single software solution.
A field service scheduling software is an organization-wide service scheduling tool
This software keeps enterprises in sync and connected to all their departments. Many field service companies are composed of multiple teams. There are usually separate teams of technicians for dealing with break/fix repairs and contractual project work. It is rare for technicians who work on installations to be called upon to take care of simple service calls.
All technicians can work under one roof with service scheduling software. They are grouped together in a pool that can be used whenever there is a need. Specific skills can be defined, so technicians who are interested and skilled in a particular area of work can be found when the need arises. If additional hands are needed at a job site, service technicians may be pulled from their current routes and moved to the work in question. This helps ensure projects get completed on time.
Dispatchers have the ability to make changes on the dispatch board. This involves finding the right technician and scheduling them for their work. The mobile field service scheduling app will notify the concerned technicians about any changes. They can then move on to their newly assigned job. This organization-wide view allows all employees to see what’s happening, which reduces the time it takes to fix problems and manage the workforce better when there’s more work.
Service scheduling software: a great solution to all the problems of service managers
The task of assigning work orders can be complex and requires deep expertise. A field service management software was created with dispatchers in mind. It is designed to make it easy for dispatchers to quickly complete inventory and invoice tasks. This is to increase dispatching productivity in a significant way.
Dispatchers will be able to use all of the resources available to them to overcome the challenges that come with maintaining a daily job dispatching schedule. The software helps in the following ways—
- Access to information linked to parts: Dispatchers have the ability to check whether a part is in stock and can reschedule calls that are required later, increasing the first-time fix rate.
- Full schedule view: All schedules for all technicians can be seen by dispatchers for any given day, week, or month. Switch quickly to the preferred time frame or optimize schedules for a higher volume of service calls.
- Track technicians. This will allow you to see where they are at the time of the work order.
- Optimizing routes: Many dispatchers forget to consider how their workers get from one Jobsite to another for day planner template. Route planning is a great way to cut travel time and save money by planning the best route.
It’s an end-to-end service scheduling solution
A field service management software allows dispatchers to get the right people to the available jobs. Dispatchers can cut down on time by having better visibility and the ability to optimize. With an intuitive system that does not add to the complexity of the already complex process of scheduling, service scheduling software is able to solve the greatest problems dispatchers face.
Dispatchers are able to easily:
- Create and manage work orders for technicians and subcontractors out in the field
- Get instant notifications whenever new appointments are made
- Change work order criteria
- Increase scheduling accuracy by automating drive time calculations
- Ensure that resources and services can be scheduled as efficiently and optimally as possible
There are many challenges that dispatchers face but scheduling software assists them in overcoming all the challenges irrespective of their nature and level of complexity. Automating your service operations has many benefits. Tasks done manually can eat at your time and distract you from more important work, such as customer relationship management.
A field service management system that is right for you will tie together your processes and software to create a seamless, efficient service management platform.